View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
GTA_G20

Please help adjust top and clam shell

So I haven't made an official thread yet but I got another one. 2004s. Part of my negotiation was the issue with the top. Owner claims he replaced it and if like the rest of the self repairs he's done. Has no F*cking clue as to what he was doing.

Anyways. Let's start with the clamshell. The passenger side of my clam sits about 3/8" lower than my rear quarter panel. Therefore when my top is down the drivers side is raised 3/8" above the quarter panel.
I checked Mike fockes page and he makes mention of a black plastic clip to squeeze. I don't have this on my car.

Secondly, my roof. 1) when top is down and I want to raise and close the roof. It binds against the roll bar and does not raise unless I push it off the roll bar. 2) the gap between the window frame and the front of the top is significant before and after its latched shut. I wouldn't go through a car wash tho driving I have no wind noise. 3) the middle of the roof on left and right sides above the windows is overlapped gaped or uneven. It's just out of adjustment. Can upload pics if needed
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote