View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #6
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Do you have secondary cat delete pipes? (apologies for not remembering from your other threads). I am given to understand that they sometimes solve the drone from 2 can muffler systems.
Yes I have cat delete pipes along with headers. I also have Sure Seal clamps at the joints . I added resonators in each cat delete pipe to try and tone down the resonance with minimal affect. I have added a pair of Car Chemistry inserts right after the resonators and that helps but it is still there. I may add another pair of inserts in the muffler outlet tips. May also consider a balance tube going from one muffler can to the other. Being a short stroke 3.6 the exhaust tone/note is quite different and I'm just trying to tune it , the sound from 3000 to 7000 is pure heaven I still have the OEM boat anchor but that would only go back on if all other efforts fail .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote