View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:06 AM   #1
PaulE

Passenger Door Mirror - minor mishap

Driving to work this morning, about 5 miles to go and still on the Interstate, I hear a loud BANG. My first thought was a piece of road debris was launched by another car, but then I continue to hear some lighter banging. I looked over at my passenger door rear view mirror and see the mirror glass has come out and is flopping around, held on by only the defroster wires! I slowed down and the mirror glass came to a rest horizontally on the weather stripping at the base of the window. Drove slowly until I got off the highway, pulled into the first available parking lot and assessed things. Nothing appeared broken, so I figured out how to snap the mirror back into the housing. There are a few very minor nicks in the door paint that may buff out, no other damage. The only thing that I can think of that could have caused this is the guys at the hand car wash I go to may have gotten a little overzealous when cleaning the mirrors? Glad it wasn't anything worse, the bang scared the crap out of me!
Attached Images

Last edited by PaulE; 06-27-2016 at 06:09 AM.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote