Thread: Accident
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
speaklow

Accident

Hello all. I'm in a quandary. My car was hit last night and I don't know which direction to go. 01 Boxster S, 98k miles. The estimate came in @ $4800 to repair. My insurance will cover it (Idiot at fault doesn't have insurance) but I'm asking myself if I want to repair it or sell it for parts. If repaired, I'll have a 15 yo Porsche with nearly 100k miles and 2 accidents on the Carfax. (Title is not nor will be salvage) The shop also says they may have to cut out & replace that corner panel, which concerns me as I think the structural integrity of the car will be compromised. If I choose to sell the car, I'm not sure what its worth. It's a fairly loaded car, PSM, Litronics, Full leather. The IMS/RMS was done @ 66k as well as the AOS, oil changes every 5k etc, etc. Mechanically, it was strong and still purrs, the only car out of 4 to drive away after the accident...sturdy little beast! I've been thinking about replacing it with a 987 before this happened, but I really do love the car. We've been through summer thunderstorms in Montana, Eiskanah in Colorado, spirited drives up to Mt Lemmon here in Tucson...sigh...sad to see it end this way. Any guidance on what to do, how to sell it as well as the cars value would be much appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by speaklow; 06-25-2016 at 07:32 PM. Reason: add pics
speaklow is offline   Reply With Quote