View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #4
10/10ths
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

Answers to all the questions here....

Here's the link to the place I bought it from:

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/2_7__180_kW-13-41/-/-/item/item_details/VID_22868761-VCD_80019926-gid_30-sort_4-display_50-item_BES98605000S/Tuning_-_Exhaust_-_Mufflers_BES98605000S_Sport_Muffler_`Brombacher`_ 986_S_Boxster__Sound_Version__Stainless_Steel__2x9 0mm.html

Call them on the phone and ask for "Rhonda", she's a Porsche owner and an expert and can assist you with a discount and will take care of everything for you.

The link has the weight listed and all the particulars.

As far as the unique to my SE exhaust tip, which sells for $550 new from Porsche, the only way to keep it with this muffler would be to cut off the tips and figure out a way to attach the SE tip to the muffler body.

I looked at buying a Dansk muffler that looks similar to this FVD one, but has the OEM '03-'04 removable tips so that I could retain my SE tip, but in the end, the performance reports about this FVD muffler swayed me to give up my SE tips for the performance of this FVD. I'm glad I did. This FVD Brombacher "Sound Version" muffler is absolutely amazing. So, the SE tip is going up on my Porsche tribute wall in the garage. I will keep the OEM muffler and the tip for my estate to sell with the car when I die.

I OK with the new look. It is actually a "meaner" look. The tips have turned gold after one day of driving. I just polished them again this morning and I like them. They stick out a tiny bit further than the bumper and they give the car a bit of a "Bad-Ass" look. A part of me loves the SE tip, but a part of me loves these FVD tips. Again, the performance is worth the aesthetic sacrifice.

Cheers.
550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote