View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #18
Barchetta

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
loll knew there were big chances you'd never see those before. Great minds think alike!

Rare. First saw those onto a 50th anniversary 911 that belongs to a mate here at the club. Weeks ago only, blew my mind away when I saw that reworked fusch style wheel.

Blew my mind even more when I saw your thread. Agree with you that masking the concave area isn't all easy. Try on one! (w/ plati-dip, who cares if it all goes wrong)
So, I tried masking other parts last night...but it was beyond the scope of my skill set. Those concave areas were hard enough and then there's the issue of how to mask around the rim in a perfect circle?? I've heard of guys floating the wheel to get the paint line where it needs to go...not going to attempt that.

So, for now, I've done all four wheels this way. I'll wear them around for awhile and see how I feel about it. I will eventually, 1. Peel off and go back to stock looking twists, or 2. Paint for real with flat black paint if I fall in love with the look, but 3. Plasti-dip works for now.

If anyone has any questions, shoot me a PM as I did take numerous photos last night when I dipped the other wheels. Takes about an hour a wheel, which includes removal, cleaning, taping, 3 coats of PD, and re-installation.
Barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote