View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
rfuerst911sc

the beast almost bought it on Thursday !

So I'm coming home from work this past Thursday it was a nice day in GA. but a little on the hot side. I had a 3 day weekend coming up and was feeling good . AC was going and I was loving the engine note from the beast. I was about 2 miles from my house on the main road that feeds into our subdivision . Like any day within a 50 mile radius of Atlanta there was traffic. I rolled to a stop and was just sitting there when I heard the VERY LOUD sound of tires screeching !!! I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a Mitsubishi sport ute of some kind heading towards me with all four tires bellowing smoke ! I was pinned in by cars next to me and the cars in front of me. I braced for impact and kept watching in the rearview mirror. At the last second the Mitsu driver realized she wasn't going to stop in time to avoid hitting me and made a hard right turn towards the shoulder/guardrail . If she missed me by a foot I think that is being generous. My heart was racing and the beotch in the Mitsu her eyes were the size of saucers. I am 99 % sure she was on the phone . I am just glad she didn't hit me and I was quite surprised her brakes actually locked up, I thought anti-lock brakes would have prevented that ? Anyway the beast is safe and sound in the garage ready to fight another day .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote