View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejolierogue
Dear friends,

I just now purchased the parts from 986online. Could you please tell me which 'tips' to remove from the gasket?

And if you missed the PM's I sent, please send detailed instructions to install these two pieces.

Please advice and thanks in advance.
Hi,

In your image, you want to snip the Gasket apart at the places I've indicated in the pic below. You'll also need to cut the existing gasket in the same places in order to leave the Oil gasket alone when removing the pump. Be sure to scrape all the old gasket off the face of the Block. It's aluminum, so you want to use something plastic, not metal, or you risk scrating the mating surface which could cause a leak. One simple tool I've used many times on Aluminum blocks is to take a hard plastic switchplate for a lightswitch (available at Loews or any Hardware store for $0.50). Snap it in two so you have a sharp edge. It's softer than the aluminum and so you can really reef on it without worrying about scratching the mating surface. If you give me your email, I'll send you the procedure as a Word doc. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 06-22-2006 at 07:17 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote