View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 02:11 AM   #6
Crib
Crib

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
Need, you've just described how most DIY jobs go for me. I'm no wrench, but I've turned one or two in my 59 years - and nearly every job turns out to be twice as hard and twice as long as the manuals say. Oh, I eventually get there, or muddle through, but as a wise man once said "it's never easy." Sure, it will be easier the second time, but the second time hopefully will not be needed. Anyway, it's posts like your that help people and make me feel I'm not the only one who struggles. Oh, and BTW, when I did my headlight switch and went to reinstall the vent assembly I somehow disengaged the vent on/off mechanism. It's permanently on now, which is OK as I would hardly ever turn the airflow off. I too am dreading the ignition switch job, as I think the mechanical lock is starting to fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regarding the ignition switch, I replaced mine yesterday (after first having ordered the incorrect model of it, so thereby practised once) The task is actually quite easy (honestly) but the crap part is the human position that you need to put yourself into. I put som old towels over the doorstep and into the doorwell and lay down with my legs outside the car and my head resting towards the pedals. Bring a good flashlight, preferably mounted to the forehead

Regarding the OP, made me really laugh. This is most likely the reality for most of us. At least I know it is for me!
Crib is offline   Reply With Quote