View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 06:52 PM   #16
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
You guys ever try "flipping" your tires to enhance wear life? (inside out)?

I noticed the inside edges of both my fronts and my rears are getting noticeably more worn than the rest of the tread surface, so am contemplating having them all "flipped". I believe they are non-directional, but if they are directional, I can swap them left/right while flipping.

I already set the alignment up to get the minimum of the negative camber specification range on the rear, and maximum on the range on the front, so at least maybe my fronts and rears will wear a bit more evenly now.

I'm not willing to completely sacrifice good cornering performance only for the sake of extending tread life. (And if I got to that point in my rationale, I figure I would reconsider my car selection choice - one of the best handling cars potentially out there - with 8-10" wide rubber available in factory stock wheel/tire configuration(!) - anyway.)

Just curious if anyone here has had success flipping. Thx!
Believe they are directional. Looked into flipping my tires to get rid of some feathering - research seemed to suggest because they are directional, water would not channel properly through the tread and lead to potential hydro-planning.

Not sure if that is true, just what I found in my limited search. That being said, I don't drive my Box in the rain....