View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
imari
New Porsche Fan

Garage
CEL: Repair advice is needed

I had a CEL on and took it to a "mechanic" to get it fixed so that I can get emissions passed on my Boxster. He keep my car for near 1.5 months, replace the air pump (a $1000 part) and changed my rear rotors/brakes and painted all the calipers red....to the tune of $3300!!!! I felt like there was something up but I bit the bullet. I drove the car for 1 day and the CEL came back on so I took it back to him. He kept it for another week and said that he "cleaned" the O2 sensors and the "light went off"...BS I say. When I went to pick the car up the battery was dead and the water pump was leaking badly. I was so pissed with him that I just wanted to get it away from his clutches. So I took it to a reputable shop (Decatur Garage) and had the water pump fixed. They did a good job with the pump and replaced the battery ($1300) but NOW my CEL came back on. AutoZone error code is P0410 (Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 1) P1411 (Secondary Air Injection System Bank 2 - Below Limit)

I need some advice. Is the CEL due to an O2 sensor??? Can I do this myself??? Is the code indicating anything that you guys can advise on??? Me AND my bank account would appreciate the help.
2008 Black VW Eos
2010 Charcoal Ford Flex
imari is offline   Reply With Quote