View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #24
KevinH1990

Finished De-Ambering

I kept an eye on Woody's thread, but I could never seem to be the first person to jump on a set of red and clear tail lights. He had a set of 550 tail lights the other day, but another board member was ahead of me in line.

I found a set of 03/04 tail lights on Craigslist. They were out of my area, but the seller was willing to ship. I paid $200 shipped which was a probably a little higher than Woody's set would have been. Fortunately, I was able to sell my amber tail lights for $100, so the net cost of the upgrade didn't break the bank.

To be honest, the amber never bothered me that much until I installed my litronics. Then I understood why other folks had gone down the "amberectomy" road. I like the "cleaner" look especially with a silver car.

I think I am now finished with exterior modifications and my only desire is for a 987 short shifter.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 06-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.
KevinH1990 is online now   Reply With Quote