View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #15
DRGETZ
Okinawa986

DIY Resources/Websites

Congratulations!

Have owned my 2000 S for nearly one month now and have found this forum and rennlist invaluable.

In addition to the Owner's Manual,

the Bentley's Service Manual (service updates here: https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/display/tech/Publishing+Updates+Index;jsessionid=15ACF1448EADC0 2E8010F731E676AC53#PublishingUpdatesIndex-Porsche,

101 Projects by Dempsey as well as his website Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts, (instructions online nearly identical to book but I bought it on amazon anyway because I like books)

Pedro's Garage DIY Projects
(Install Front Engine Mount Porsche DIY)

and of course YouTube.

Live on Okinawa (Japan) with no dealership on island and have found ordering online as my only option. Sunset and Circle Porsche consistently have the lowest prices on OEM Porsche but I've ordered mostly through Circle and Pelican (and a few items on SierraMadre) as they ship USPS and Sunset does not.

Suggest reading from several sources including forums before ordering or starting any DIY's.

Lots of info in IMSB but I like this particular one for a comprehensive but concise overall picture of the IMSB problem.

Single Row Pro IMS Retrofit Installation from Revolution Porsche - Revolution Porsche

Good Luck and Welcome to the Boxster world.

Respectfully,
Mitchell
Purchased May 2016
w/41.5k Miles
DRGETZ is offline   Reply With Quote