View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 05:15 AM   #9
jcslocum
Project Addicted

Great looking car.

Those things enumerated above are all good. I'm a cheap Yankee so I inspect things like air filter, etc... instead of automatically replacing.

I would inspect very closely the coolant tank in the truck, under the carpet on the side. Not just peek, but pull the carpet and a flashlight and really look, just to make sure it's not leaking.

Front motor mounts are a failure point on these cars. It's hard to see and is a small pain to replace. but it's probably shot.

Air Oil Separator (AOS) is another known failure point. It's really can't be inspected and I would think age is as big a killer of these as is mileage. When the car is running and you can't take off the oil filler cap, the diaphragm inside is prolly bad. A real PIA to change.

Oil filler line from the trunk filler to the engine. They crack.

Brake fluid flush. Color of the fluid tells all. Dark it's old and needs flushing, a nice clear amber color, it's prolly new-ish but still easy to flush.

Clean out the convertible top drains, Water in the cabin and under the seats is really BAD! Alarm computer is under drivers seat and will die if it gets wet.

There's lots of things to dd and good luck with the car!!!
1986 944, 2000 Boxster
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote