View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #55
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Woody has done so much for this community. Beyond selling parts people need at good prices, his posts are informative, innovative, and always positive. He is always willing to go an extra mile to help a stranger out and his integrity is an example to others.

I think that we should establish an award in his honor to present to forum members who stand out in their service to the community. You've heard of the 'Emmy' awards for television, the 'Tony' awards for theater, I propose the 'Woody' for Service to the Porsche 986 Community.

So far it's just a rough idea that needs further development. We could start a thread to nominate and vote for awardees. How often should someone get a Woody? Can one person get multiple Woodys? Some people are very active and could potentially get a Woody every day, but that would lessen their significance. Should someone get a Woody for past performance such as PW or Nine8Six? Lots of detail to be worked out.

Along with recognition on the forum there could be a physical award sent out. Maybe a T-shirt so awardees could show their Woody in public. Maybe something a little more subtle like a window sticker for other enthusiasts to note your Woody at Cars and Coffee and PCA events.

Or maybe we should just call it the 'itsnotanova' award. ...and did I mention he's not thin-skinned and has a good sense of humor?
:dance: