View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #10
MWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
No slight against you Timco - but anyone who doesn't know you won't have any appreciation for your work ethic or your abilities, and therefore the 'Dealer Serviced' vehicle may sound more attractive. Marketing, right?

I would certainly advertise the car as Dealer serviced - you may not get any more money for it, but you may sell it faster vs a self service. Although without proper documentation - not sure you are any further ahead. Why the heck didn't you keep all the invoices??
Yep, good question, why didn't I? Just figured that if I ever sold car (not that I am), the dealer would be able to print all copies for me. I have a long history (15+ years) with the dealer (mainly with Audis) and they have always had all documentation. During the course of apologizing profoundly (and assuring me they have everything for my 3 Audis), they said Porsche records are not kept as long. I smell BS, but at least they were really sorry. Oh well, live and learn. Keep everything... might not know when the Taco Bell receipt from 2005 might come in handy.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote