View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #8
Smallblock454

Not shure what i would choose.

if the car was maintained by an official Porsche dealer workshop that doesn't mean that the people that worked on the car where trained on the car. Sometimes you'll find an older mechanic that was trained on the car and still has the knowledge for 986 cars. But that doesn't mean that they also work on that cars. What speaks for an official Porsche dealer workshop is that they have all special tools, workshop manuals and diagnostic tools for the car and that they in general use OEM Porsche parts and they have inspection lists. But does that help if the mechanic wasn't trained on the car?

if the car was maintained by a free Porsche workshop - who knows if the guys that where working on the car really have the knowledge and expertise? And nobody knows which parts were used.

If the car was maintained by the owner. Who knows if he is a good mechanic? Who knows what parts were used and nobody knows if things were repaired correctly and if inspections were made correctly.

So maybe the Porsche dealer workshop might be the best choice. But it's not a guarantee.

If you don't have the complete paperwork the car to me would be worth "nothing".

I would always prefer a well documented DIY maintenance to a non documented maybe Porsche dealership workshop maintenance.

Regards, Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote