View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #11
tada
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
^If you've never replaced the motor mount and you have more than 70k miles, I would replace it while you are in there. You will already be halfway there, and if you buy the insert and press it into the existing mount isn't not a very expensive replacement.

As mentioned be mindful of stressing the radiator hoses when you lower the engine, I would be careful if you plan on lowering it more than 3". I supported the engine with a large scissor jack topped with a 2x4 to make sure there was not too much pressure anywhere. I would highly recommend a scissor jack, I felt that it gave me a lot more control to make small height adjustments, which was helpful when reinstalling the motor mount bolts.

Best of luck!
Good advice. I'm using a scissors jack and 2x4 to do the support. I'm going to inspect the mount. I suspect it's shot. But I'll do the full replacement a bit later. Trying to diagnose a no run condition and need to get to the injectors. The air box goes back on after I hopefully figure it out. At that point, I have to lower the engine again, and then I'll replace the motor mount at that point.
tada is offline   Reply With Quote