View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #1
aBsOlUt

Test drove a CaymanS today, also saw '07 Turbo!

I went for a checkup of my 986S today. I had to check out the clutch and also fix the passenger interior mirror (it snapped out).

A sales guy approached me asking me about my car, how do I like it, how much I pay a month and if I am interested in anything. Considering I've only had the 986S for about 5 months (and madly in love) he asked me if I have ever test driven a CaymanS.

I said why not? Beatiful, fully loaded CaymanS (69k sticker price). I really liked the CaymanS. The way it rides, the way it looks and everything but I could not find the little X spot that justifies the higher cost over a fully loaded 987S (which includes the top down factor).

The 3.4 liter impresses and feels faster but not as fast as the 3.2 in the 986S.

Yes it would be awesome to get into one of those right now but I just got the 986S and I am more than happy with its performance and looks. Taking a turn on the way back at around 57mph made me say that I am good right now.

On a side note, I just saw the 07 turbos. Oh my god. Now thats a monster! Beatiful and I really cant believe the way it will drive.

I wish I had my camera phone to grab a picture or two ...

Anyway some more Porsche fun for the day!

p.s It is yet again confirmed for MY07 that BoxsterS will get the 295hp.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote