View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #51
crankyyank

more reviews.....and im sure i will get slamed!!!

i gotta tell you, i have a 2002 and i liked driving it, alot. althought it is one of the most troublesome cars ive ever seen or owned!! i have not had one solid week in 4 years that this car didnt break or have some light come on or some problem that required a few thousand to make right. i have traded it as of saturday but the interesting part is the dealer knows that the car does not run!!!! i have the alarm control unit out as the car had about 8" of water in the floor and the carpet is soaked. it ruined the unit, carpet, and the car is totaly inop at this time. i cant even get it towed to porsche to get it fixed because there is so much water in it. tonight i filled the shop vac up 1.5 times (6.5 gal vac) and this is the second time in 3 days!!! cant get the hood open to see if the drains are plugged, and the red lead in the fuse trick does not work when the alarm box is fried, and no there is not a cable either (i took both inner wheelwheel wells out). i have to tear out the carpet and replace it, and get the car to the dealer ($400 to tow it there at least 4 times a month) to spend $1200 on keys programing and a box. this i am sad to say is money well spent as when it is done, i am having it towed to the dealer i bought my other car from. i cant trust it to make the 125 mile trip without breaking down. so is it a good car? for me the cost of upkeep doesnt outweigh the joy of driving. i suppose those sunny florida days are fun,....... but the thought of a breakdown has loomed large on every trip since day 2 of ownership when i met the local "hook" operator for what bacame the 1st of close to 200 tows!!! i know ill get slammed and you will all say oh look it is his 3 post and waaaaaa. but the truth is i have been as loyal to the company as the germans that made it famous. it is an ok car that is as practical as a pair of daisy dukes at a jenny craig meeting, and not at all comfortable.sorry....you can all pile on,but remember this when it is your turn, you have eachother to ask for tips and advice, so be nice. also if you have a bad experience as i did, dont think of a law suit or any type of legal action,althought they calim they have an american base in atlanta, you must sue them as a foreign corperation and that cost a minium 3k just to get the ball rolling.......just pay the bill at the dealer and smile, thats all
crankyyank is offline   Reply With Quote