View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #122
tada
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
Out of ideas

It's been a while since I updated the post. I've been working a lot of OT at work and haven't had much time for the Box. Today I cleaned the IACV and reinstalled it with a new gasket. I cleaned the throttle body first. Installed a new gasket between the throttle body and intake manifold. Reinstalled everything.

Went under the passenger front fender and smoke tested the lines from the evap canister. Fired it up. No change. Still running only on bank 1.

I've been reading posts about vacuum pressure at the oil filler cap. While running (barely) I checked for a vacuum. When I take the cap off and place my hand over the opening, I feel a little suction. Actually it ran better without the oil cap. Reinstalling it just caused the engine to stall.

So have I found all my vacuum leaks? I've inspected every component and replaced all the rigid hoses. Otherwise, I'm down to replacing the fuel injectors. And that looks fun. Do you have to pull the air box and the secondary air injection fan to get at the rails and injectors?

Thanks, Tom
tada is offline   Reply With Quote