View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #18
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
I did my track wheels with Plasti-dip. I used black and then a light overspray with their metalizer and they look great.

I did them off the car. First a through cleaning with wheel cleaner and then wiped them down with alcohol. Since I was doing the barrels as well, I scraped off all the old wheel weight adhesive too. I also taped over the wheel weights with metal duct tape.

I did around 6 coats and taped off the tires so I did not have to deal with peeling it off of the tires.

I had new tires mounted to the plasti-dipped wheels and first removed all the dip from the barrel so when they put new weights on, they would be attached to the actual wheel, not the dip. The edge of the wheel did get a little scraped from mounting and it was pretty easy to touch them up afterwards. Probably more work masking the tires then the touching up.

I like the look and nopt don't really care how much brake dust is on the wheels as you can't really see it. After coming home from the track or AX, I give then a quick spray with wheel cleaner and then hit them with the power washer. Easy
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote