View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
RichRobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run View Post
2003 has a canbus system there is a wire for the phone option that the radio should be connected to that turns it on / off via the key. It took me many an hour to find that nugget of info. If you can locate a wiring diagram been years since i did mine it will point out exactly what you need. The wire is in the center console right in front of the shifter under the trays. My guess is an amateur put the radio in and didn't know what he or she was doing. I would pull it all out and start over and do it correctly.
Not sure what you are referring to here.

My tail of wow continues.
I have a wiring diagram.
The only live wires on my harness are the permanent live Red / Black and the Speedo wire which is switched live to the ignition (and the doors for some reason) and goes off being live when the speedo kicks in so is no use.

I am missing a true switched live which should be Orange according to the wiring diagram. It is not there!

According to the diagram it should go to radio black plug pin 7 and comes from - [86S|P154] - I do not know what that terminology means.

The wiring looms looks complete and original and unmodified but there is no switched live as I have said.

What is a little weird is that there is a Black/Purple wire in pin 2 yet there is no pin 2 marked on the wiring diagram.

I think I need to find a switched live from somewhere, pity the cigarette socket is permanent live.
RichRobby is offline   Reply With Quote