View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #19
mr.borrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_for_speed View Post
+1 on that Gelbster. Certainly true in my case. 2500 euros for a repair on a car like this really isn't much. I've poured about $8,000 into mine...so far.

I did a lot of research before I bought mine, and I've driven a lot of cars, street and track -- Miatas, Vettes, Mustangs, etc. Personally, nothing compares to the Porsches I've tracked, and to me, the mid-engine Porsches are supreme -- very close to the organic feeling of the open-wheel formula cars I've driven. The "smiles per mile" in a Boxster or Cayman is a totally intangible value that's hard to calculate when you consider the purchase. I'll never forget the look on my wife's face the first time she drove our Boxster. She turned to me and said: "We have to buy this car!"

In reality, it's a tough decision. These are incredibly impractical cars. But if practicality was all that mattered, we'd all be driving a Prius!

+1 on the Bentley Manual. It's very good.
By the sound of it you where in the same position as i am at this moment. There is no real good reason in getting one. Its just that after driving one i sort of really really want it.

I guess its going to be down to what impression the 2.5 is going to make compared to the 2002 3.2 S i drove before that made me want to get the boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Well, what should i say. This guy married the right girl.

Regards, Markus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_for_speed View Post
I am a very lucky guy!

Our box is a 5-speed, and I asked her before we drove it if she knew how to drive a manual. She said "Absolutely" and off we went. Next thing you know, she's rev-matching, used the E-brake on a hill -- smooth as silk. Turns out that before we were married, she had owned a Triumph for years.
Woaahhh nice!