View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #1
Highrise

Installing a Sparco Sprint - Which floor mount?

After looking through a lot of other posts about this, I decided to pick up a Sparco Sprint for my '02 986. I'm 6'6" so I'll be using side mounts attached directly to the floor so I can get as low as possible.

My question is, do I need the Brey Krause side mounts which have a reenforced hole for the factory seat belt buckle, or can I use one of the open holes on the Sparco side mount?

I'm sure the Brey Krause is the best way to go, but its more than double the price, and Sparco is more than a reputable/trusted manufacturer. Just want to make sure I don't spend an extra $100 ($200 including the passenger seat) unnecessarily.

And here's the Sparco Sprint. I really wanted to get the repo GT3 seats off ebay since I'm going for a factory look and didn't want a fabric Sparco seat. But once I found a vendor in Germany who sells the eco-leather wrapped Sparco Sprint, I had to jump on it. Especially since they're FIA compliant.

Apparently they don't offer the eco-leather (i.e. vinyl) in the US. Has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks in advance for your input.
-Michael
Highrise is offline   Reply With Quote