View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #193
rfuerst911sc

Hey guys thanks for asking about the beast. No we have not done any tuning and that is for a couple of reasons. One Jake's chassis dyno was down for a spell. Two Jake really wants me to get about 2,000 miles on her before we start the dyno tuning. He has his reasons and I am not going to question his wisdom. Third and maybe the most important I'm having too much fun driving the car to give her up ! She runs great with really zero issues. A slight high idle when warm and I'm only talking maybe 50 - 100 rpm . She starts instantly with no bad manners at all. Throttle response is still instant and fierce . I now have 900 miles on her and we've done two oil samples to date with perfect results. Oil consumption has been nothing. She freely pulls to 7k like it's nothing. The only thing I need to work on is the exhaust resonance. With straight headers and a twin can GHL muffler the resonance is pretty bad from 2-3 k after that it is sweet music. I had two resonators installed and that helped a little but now I'm going to try some car chemistry exhaust inserts in the tailpipes. I really have nothing to complain about and I'm looking forward to some dyno tuning to see what she's putting down. My butt dyno tells me 300 + at the wheels but we'll see. Part of our deal was also to install some of his in house cams to see if that helps or hurts the power output. That will be sometime this year when we can fit it into our respective schedules. We are in perfect top down driving weather right now which is quite the ear opening experience with the beast Be safe out there guys
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote