View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 04:31 AM   #4
Need_for_speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upland54 View Post
It ran fairly well since I purchased it in may of 2015, but it did have a noticeable lag in the throttle
No info on previous owner. When I press throttle pedal tach only rises maybe 75 to 150 rpm and engine shuts off when I release pedal. Did a DTC read and got a code P1502
Aha.
Try this. The P1502 code may show on your code reader as a Fuel Pump Relay issue but I believe that it's actually a throttle body error code (Throttle Jacking Unit Spring Test).
You might try cleaning the throttle body (Stevedox recently did an excellent DIY thread on this) and then remap your EGAS system (turn the key to on for a minute and then off for ten seconds and start the car).

Edit: forgot to mention that there is also a throttle body position sensor on the side of the throttle body. It's a little spring thingie. It may be broken or gummed up. It's a fairly cheap part (for a Porsche). You might just replace that while you're cleaning the throttle body.

What the code is telling you is that the throttle is not returning to position fast enough when you let off the gas.

Last edited by Need_for_speed; 05-06-2016 at 04:59 AM.
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote