View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #27
914racer

Thanks for your honest comments, the louvers have been the most controversial part of my build. A good friend of mine doesn't like them either.(I have an idea to paint the original side vents gloss black and do the louvers inside the same gold as the wheels)
As for the leather, I used Leather Refinishing technology dye,(leatherrefinishingtech.com) I do Interior repair and paintless dent repair as my profession. If you PM me I'll describe the process, its fairly involved, but the main factor in ending up with a good redye is starting with good leather. If your seats are dried out and all cracked up all the dye in the world cant fix that. But done right with the right product Redyes can be as good as original. (i changed the shifter boot from black to red and its holding up well)
I never gave the amber thing much thought, many of my choices were financially motivated The car came with one amber headlamp,and one broken light(see pic) a friend sold me the pair on the car for $300, I could'nt resist( for some reason Boxster prices haven,t exactly kept up with 911 prices, so i tried to do this build without getting too upside down)

I also love the wheels! Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]
914racer is offline   Reply With Quote