View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #20
jakeru

That custom front bumper work is very impressive! And the custom red redyed leather also looks absolutely great. (what products/process did you use, and how did it turn out in terms of the grain and up-close look/sheen, feel, suppleness, durability? I'm refinishing some on my black leather pieces now, with a couple failed attempts already, so am steep on the learning curve there.)

I have mixed thoughts about the lovered side vents and painted upper tail lights. I think the all-red (50 year anniversary edition, I think?) tail lights would look a bit closer, and maybe better. Yours are more "custom" though. The lovers definitely look custom. The custom rear clamshell is very impressive work.

I'm not sure about the front amber situation - can't help but think going to amber front headlights would be more authentic to the 550 spyder look. If you did though, it might look better to clear out the front side markers at the same time. I also can't help think a custom exhaust tip or a base (single outlet) of some sort would look good. (That original boxster prototype edition exhaust looks so cool to me! )

I also love the wheels! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by jakeru; 04-28-2016 at 06:52 PM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote