View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
jimmythemufflers

Garage
Markus, do I sense a bit of sarcasm? I know I have a nice sports car. I know it's not a race car but it is a fun car that I love to drive. I am a blue collar 34 year old with 4 kids, 2 cats, a dog and a house that always seems to have something broken. I am not in a stage of my life where I have the time or money to spend on unnecessary expenses. Alls I want is a reliable car that looks, sounds and drives just the way I want.

Looking at the air intake set up It looks like it has a resonator of some sort, accordion tubes and of course the cone shaped snorkel.

Heres my plan! I just bought a stock intake tube off flea bay for 20 and I am going to make a mold and make a carbon fiber tube. I am going to remove the snorkel but keep the stock intake housing so I can use the original air filter. I have zero knowledge about efficiency, air flow or how well any filter works, I simply feel that the stock filter will clean better than any after market one, oiled or dry. That will hopefully give me a little better sound, maybe a bit of performance and will look pretty cool. Although looks arent really important because its not the kind of car you pop your hood to show your buddies

Not sure if anybody has tried this but if it turns out nicely I'll take some pics and post it to share.