View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #10
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

I just went through the same project, it's a real stinker (although that is not the word or words that I used). I used an impact wrench on the ball joint separator, and although it was a struggle, it did work. When the ball joint finally lets go, parts will go flying, so make sure you have your arms, hands, and feet positioned safely. One of the control arm went flying on my car, and smashed the stuffing (again, not the word I used) out of my finger.

I know that you do track days, so if you are going to get an impact wrench, why not spend a few more dollars and get a battery powered one? I have an inexpensive one (under $50), and I use it all the time. Since I got it, I never use my air impact wrench any more (no air lines to deal with, no noisy compressor to listen to). You can also take it to the track, and if you have to change a wheel, it's uber-handy. The electric impact wrench, along with my aluminum racing jack are two tools that every time I use them, I'm really glad I have them!
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote