View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 04:48 AM   #11
GTsilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Not sure if I should congratulate you or not. On your test drive, you fell in love with Boxsters but I'm not sure you should fall in love with this one. Kind of like dating a hooker and falling in love with women.

That said, are you mechanical? You may be able to do a lot of the minor jobs and find info via search. But if this is your first German car, you'll find part prices 4x normal American or Japanese parts. There could be lots of worn out parts on a 12 yr old neglected car.

You don't say where you live but you make it sound like it's near the middle of nowhere. Do you have a good upholsterer in your area?

If the PPI comes back with issues, you would be much better off walking from this one and expand your search and get a better one. As mentioned earlier, Porsches do not have paint peeling issues, so the guy is fibbing about that. What else is he fibbing about or not telling you?

It has been said here many times, so please keep this in mind: the cheapest Porsche you buy can become the most expensive one you'll own.
Thank you husker. I am mechanical, I have only owned German cars (Benz and Audi) for the last 15 years, and just recently purchased a 2005 Dodge Ram that I brought back from the dead. I live in South Florida, plenty of upholsterers around, just wasn't sure if it was worth it to go that route or buy a new seat? I have a friend that owns a high end body shop that I could work with on the paint. Very good advice though, you get what you pay for...in my circumstance, I would just rather pony up $7k now and "pay as I go" opposed to dropping $15-$20k on the car.
GTsilber is offline   Reply With Quote