View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 02:08 AM   #1
geraintthomas

Spoiler extend & retract speeds

So after lots of searching and finding different results, I finally know the exact speeds the spoiler comes up and goes back down.

Some people said 75mph, 77mph, or over 77mph due to speedo's being inaccurate, etc. So I decided to find out myself by having my Dad drive the Porsche with me sitting high up in the passenger seat.

Up: 75mph digital readout (when sustained for more than 0.5 seconds)
Down: 50mph digital readout (when sustained for more than 0.5 seconds)

Turns out it's exactly 75mph when it pops up, and exactly 50mph when it retracts, but the car has to stay at 75mph for more than half a second for it to engage, and same for 50mph retracting. If it just touches 75mph and instantly goes back to 74mph, or touches 50mph and instantly goes back up to 51mph, the spoiler won't operate.

I know it's been covered before but like I mentioned, there's been lots of different opinions. So there we have it, some nice confirmation if anyone needed it. Though this was a 2003 Facelift Boxster S, so I'm not sure if it's different to any other model.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote