View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Gilles

lost all power… Help please..?

First I would like to mention, that I am completely electrically impaired (seriously).

Yesterday after leaving a shopping center, the car died and lost all electrical power, the instrument panel was completely dead and could not remove the key.

I finally was able to open the trunk after powering the lighter with a battery charger, and left it charging for almost 24 hours, and tonight when I got back from work, the charger was showing full charge and when I tried to start the engine everything went dark again.

Assuming that I had a bad battery, I remove it and went to the auto parts store where they determined the battery to be in good condition, went to a different auto parts and same results.

After reinstalling the battery, all the accessories came back to life (radio, windows, courtesy lights, etc.,) but as soon as I turn on the key, you can hear a click noise on the starter and all the electrics go dead again and using jumper cables does not help either.

However, if I disconnect one of the terminals on the battery for a moment, then everything starts to work again, until you try to start the engine, then you hear a solid clack from the engine and everything goes dark again.. I repeated the cycle of disconnecting the battery a few times but ended with the same results.

What could be wrong? The fuses seems to be ok..

I am in concerned (bad timing) because I borrowed my neighbors garage for one night because I was not comfortable leaving the car outside with the windows open

Help Please..?

Last edited by Gilles; 04-19-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote