View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 08:16 PM   #2
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsilber View Post
Hello all, this is my first post of hopefully many!

I have been looking for a 50th anniversary for about 6 months but nothing has surfaced in my area until now. A 2004 50th with 80k miles showed up for a decent price, $12k. I immediately started a conversation with the seller and arranged to see the car.

Unfortunately, after seeing the car first hand, there is some serious paint damage on the hood and front wheel arches, owner claims the paint just bubbled and peeled off! In addition, the drivers side seat is ripped to hell and the top won't go down! Now my initial inclination was to run like the dickens but then I drove the car I instantly fell in love with the feeling, handling, and ride and am now conflicted. I made a low ball offer on the car, $7k, but I really don't know if even that price will justify the work that needs to be done. Can someone chime in on whether its worth it to pursue this car even though the major defects are cosmetic only? I have not had a PPI done yet but would like to get it done. No IMS or clutch repairs documented, water pump, battery, oil change, new tires are most recent service reports.

Thanks!
Personally I'd keep looking for the right one. If he says yes to the low ball $7k then I'd suspect something serious is wrong with it. They do turn up. There was a less than 50k example that recently sold in my area. Patience.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote