Thread: Water leak Help
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
cbadbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hi,

maybe the water pump gasket is not 100% leakproof and as a result the screw is wet. Maybe the installer didn't clean up the old seal or there was some debree left when installing or there was some grease on the sealing surface.

Remove the water pump and you will see if there is something leaking. A new seal isn't expensive.

The expensive part can be the refilling of the coolant system. Please note that you need special coolant fluid and a negative pressure system to refill is highly recommended. Please search the forums for that.

Regards, Markus
Thanks Markus,

Ill keep an eye on it and read more in the Forums. I don't think its urgent yet and she is not a daily driver. Given that I don't have all the history I might dive in while I have everything open, replace the water pump and install the low temp thermostat. This is a 3.4 and I don't have the center radiator. It stayed cool when I ran it at Fontana Speedway but the weather was mild. If I can get the parts at decent price I might do the radiator upgrade at the same time.

Mario