View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
jakeru

Shift knob - consider checking out eBay. Sometimes there are some halfway decent options. Many, very amazingly worn out ones, too. (And, a few amazingly expensive ones.). You might just hit the jackpot, though.

For peeling map pocket door, consider DIY refinishing with SEM Color Coat Satin Black rattle can. Remove the old one, peel off old finish completely (it peels very easily).

In my experience, the SEM satin black is a very good color match for the 2001+ soft-touch black interior finish, and will be somewhat more durable than the factory map-pocket door finish (which scratches and peels if you look at it wrong.)

I had issues using solvent-based adhesion promoters on the "ABS+PC" map pocket doors, so suggest you skip those if you want to prevent headaches. Do try and be careful not to scratch the after you refinish.

In all likelihood, if you found a used 2001+ map pocket door, it's likely going to be scratched, IMO. (This is why I suggest refinishing rather than buying another used one.)

Last edited by jakeru; 04-14-2016 at 06:19 PM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote