View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
heymanwatchthis

Replace top issues

Hey guys, I had my '01 plastic window top professionally replaced with an EZ-On glass window top.

Put the top down today - it would not go all the way down, the last 8" would not move anymore. I noticed the glass window was at about a 45 degree angle, not sure if that is how it ends up in the folded top.

Put it back up, would not go all the way, I discovered that the outside guide wires on both sides were on outside of the frame vs inside the way they should go. This caused one of my plastic ball joints to break and the arm it is attached to break. No issue they can be replaced.

So I disconnect the plastic ball from the other side to manually put down the top. I use the motor to move the clamshell and manually position the top. It still will not all the way down, even pushing it down does not work. I can put it up manually, however need to correctly position the guide wires to make it work right.

Anyone run into this problem - new top not going all the way down? And guide wires running out the outside vs inside the top frame?

I wonder if I have a poorly made top, or one that was poorly installed.

Thanks for your inputs!