View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #1
Retroman1969

She may be dead, Jim!

Boy this has been a week!
Just took my first long drive in the daily driver after putting the new radiator cap on over the weekend. Opened the trunk and it was still hissing out of the cap with condensation under the deck lid. I had run it to temp over the weekend with the D ring pulled a couple of times. Now I'm driving it with the D ring popped in the open position.
I talked to the shop who wants me to come in ASAP for a block test. Since the old coolant tank I just replaced had a failed seal at the seam, he's now suspecting a head gasket or cracked head.
It's running right at 180 at all times, and no other problems, so I'd honestly be surprised if it was a head issue.
I asked him if it could be air trapped in the system, and he said if that was the case, it should have purged all out by now.
I'm putting my Jeep Wrangler in the shop right away to get it road ready just in case I have to park this thing. If it's a head or gasket, honestly, with 170,000 miles, I'd rather use this opportunity to spend the money towards a lower mileage replacement engine with the IMS mod.

I ask this with quiet desperation: Opinions?!

Thanks!