View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #3
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
+1 on rick's method.
Zero problems using a borrowed uView.
I left the bleeder up for a couple of heat cycles, but it proved to be unnecessary. The tank level didn't drop afterward, showing I had zero air in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
From what I have read there are three ways to refill the coolant.
-Refill with a tool like a Uview Airlift (Best solution)
-Refill normally and then leave the bleeder valve open for a few days (works okay, may dump some coolant from the overflow)
-Refill normally and then do the series of rev's described in the Bentley Manual (described here)

Here is a link to a good thread on RennTech regarding this:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/32107-bleeding-air-in-radiator/

The revving bleed process is meant to be done while stationary, but it takes a while. You do not want to remove the coolant cap when the car is running or warmed up. If you realize the coolant level is low, wait for the coolant to cool down before removing the cap and topping off. I personally used an Airlift (about $100) then left the bleeder valve open for 2 days, I had zero issues. A local auto parts store may rent the Airlift or something similar. Best of luck!
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote