View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #14
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
I don't think that anybody is saying the LN bearing is junk, but to say that any product other than the LN bearing is junk/inferior is a tad bit ignorant. If you look at vertex's ebay listing, you'll notice that 42 have been sold.

Porsche IMS Intermediate Shaft Bearing Repair Eternal Fix Retrofit w Oil Feed | eBay

Now I know that's not a lot, but given that there are probably plenty that have been sold through their actual website and other retailers we can conservatively estimate that there have been at least a few hundred installed over the years. Out of everyone who has installed one, I don't think I've ever read about a single failure. Am I saying it's better than the LN? I don't know and I really don't care. But is it fair to say that it's a bad product? Absolutely not.

Again, I'd like to make it clear that I have no horse in this race. All I'm trying to do is provide some objective information on the matter.
When they can back up the engineering of the part the way that ln does with theirs, I think it will be worth a look. Without the history and results the ln bearings have I would never consider it. If my choice is between a German engineered original bearing or a relatively unproven ebay solution, I'll stick with what I have and hope I have one of the 92 percent of bearings that didn't fail.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote