View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #14
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
We weren't there and don't know Walker's state of mind. What we do know is that Walker was aware that Rodas the driver was a guy with hundreds of hours of track time, in racing conditions, under his belt.
Racing conditions on a track these were not. You know as well as I do, the convo went like this "W-Dude a Carrera GT? R-Yep, go for a ride? W-Only if we drive it like its stolen! R- You know it, theres a nice little office park we can tear up!" You can play devil's advocate if you'd like, but if we are being real, that's what happened.

The only person liable is Rodas. He was driving way too fast on a road that wasn't anywhere near designed for those kinds of speeds. He didn't respect the beast. No Traction control in the world would've prevented this crash. If I go outside of my boxster's limits and I run off the road and hit a tree, Porsche is not responsible. Of 1270 Carrera GTs made, how many have been driven in an incident resulted in a person dying or being seriously hurt? If the answer is 3 (total BS guess), are the other 1267 cars just miracles?
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote