Thread: A sad sad video
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 03:27 AM   #18
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM911 View Post
If you consider cars like the new Mazda MX-5 Miata, Chevrolet Corvette, and Porsche Boxster as modern sports cars, you won't get many people to agree that they suck.

I feel that several mx-5 owners see the values of old mx-5s and would at times prefer one, and I doubt many would take a 718 over a 981 spyder. The corvette is an exception because gm had to get their crap together after 2008 so any gm car is its best ever.

(Also it's important to note that the mx-5 and corvette didn't drop to a 2 cylinder and a v6 either, I bet that if they did people would be a lot more angry.)

Considering that though someone with more technical knowledge may be able to help, is there something about the flat 6 design that would've made it difficult for Porsche to shut down several cylinders when not needed like the corvette c7 does?

Really they should just put Eco buttons on modern sports cars that basically put them in limp mode and 11th gear to get through testing then allow the owners themselves to press the sport button instead and turn off auto stop start.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote