View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #17
jdraupp

Garage
Go with suntek carbon if your only concern is how cheap it will be. The best quality stuff is by 3m. Suntek carbon is not even suntek's best stuff, which would be cxp. You know the adage of getting what you pay for...I'd just go ahead and pony up for the quality if you want it to be an investment. If you're pawning the car a couple years down the road, then go with the cheap stuff since you aren't worried about longevity.

I have zero problem with window tint that is legal. In our state as long as I can readily identify the occupants of the vehicle it's good. I don't need to make out how many pimples they have, just the number of occupants. Laws are laws. Judges come from varied backgrounds...some impartially interpret laws. Some are former defense attorneys who forget the impartiality and act as though they are defending the defendant as if he or she is their client. Looks like your Judge was the latter. Glad it worked out for you, but don't expect every other Judge to be the same. Most will end up making the person who challenged the law look like an idiot...ask me how I know.

End of the day, your car do as you please. You know the laws and the way they are enforced in Canada better than I do. Blatant disregard of the law wouldn't work out as well for you in the states. Sorry you think all cops do is waste your time. I'd remind you that maybe the people truly wasting your time (and police time as well) are the legislators who put these laws on the books. Cops don't write the laws, they simply enforce them.

Last edited by jdraupp; 04-06-2016 at 03:19 AM.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote