Thread: A sad sad video
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #8
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
I find this all very ironic. When our cars came out enthusiasts complained they were mass produced water cooled atrocities. Keeping this in mind, the 986, at the time, was a larger departure from what porsche was all about than the 718 is now. Next thing you know the whole lineup will be electric and the next generation of porsche owners will be harking back to the "good ol' days" of flat 4's with turbochargers.
Exactly. Just as stated in the video. Everyone had the same "it's over" outlook with the 986. Same for electric PS.

It's not the beginning of the end. It's a constant state of change. Tech is always evolving. It will never, ever stop. You either go with the flow or become a bitter cynic and get left behind, rambling about "the good old days". The human animal is a nostalgic one.

If we're lucky, this may add some $ to ours down the road (for those nostalgic types).
Oh, don't get me wrong...I don't like the 718. I think it's ugly as hell and has completely lost the sexy curves introduced by the 986.

Last edited by particlewave; 04-05-2016 at 05:08 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote