View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #11
amagalla

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCactus View Post
Indeed - here in my city in Canada the law is very clear that ZERO tint is allowed on any windows but 90% of cars have it so I guess you take the chance with the police. I was able to win a court battle with one cop because I was able to prove he was wearing sun glasses which compounded the 'darkness' when he was trying to look into my car.... the court room laughed pretty hard when I won that battle because the cop was being a real dink when answering my questions etc.
Plus, as the cop, I would have totally dismantled the argument that he was compounding the problem by looking into a tinted car with while wearing sunglasses. As a law abiding citizen, you should see that the legislature put the tint law into effect for a reason (normally to protect officers). You should also understand that people (including officers) wear sunglasses to protect their vision, and to cut down on the effect of blinding glare. Cutting down glare improves their safety as it allows them to see their environment better. As an officer, I wouldn't want to get hit by a car when I get out of my cruiser to make a traffic stop because the sun's glare prevented me from seeing the oncoming car. So why should the cop have to diminish his health and safety by having to remove his sunglasses because some boob decided to break the law by tinting his windows.

In the end, people should show a little respect to their public servants. They happily do a job that most wouldn't do for twice the pay.

Tony