View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 06:18 AM   #13
Porsche Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Drove a couple new MX-5's lately, steering is very quick with good feel & feedback. Engine placement in the Boxster makes it's handling unbeatable by any car not costing twice as much. Interior of the MX-5 is much smaller. Agree on operating costs.
In my last car search, I tried a bunch of cars before DH finally talked me into the boxster (what? I can drive a Porsche?). One of them was the Mazda MX-5, and that thing is a bit of a monster. SOOOO torquey (is that a word?), hubs was driving it pretty hard and I got tossed around like a bean in a can. Those things have got some moves! But it felt like the engine was putting in a lot of effort, it felt maxed out. The beauty of the Porsches is that you feel like they have a lot more to give, not matter how hard you drive it.

A side bar from the "Try Everything" car search": the Mustangs were like driving a UPS truck. Pretty quick to 50 mph, but when you have to slow to 17 to make a 90 degree turn, it kind of takes the fun out of it.