Thread: The feeling
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
Crib
Crib

Garage
The feeling

Bought my Boxster last fall, just a couple of weeks before putting it to seasonal rest.

I had then searched "Blocket", Swedens craiglist, for 3 years. My strategy had changed a couple of years ago when I learned that the daily driver did not need to be that special and instead go for a fun weekend and summer car.

I Sweden there's this expression called "Jantelagen", The law of Jante. The meaning of it is more or less that jealousy is a national phenomenon. Noone should be or have anything more than others. Kinda communistic if you will...

I hate that kind of thinking but realise that you of course are affected by the socitety you live in. "Arent that neighbour looking a bit odd at us now" I asked my wife when entering our driveway last fall.

I know that almost everyone in my neighbourhood has a summer cottage worth 20 times my Boxster, or goes on vacations yearly for the value of my Boxster etc.

During the winter break I've had time to both do some minor projects in the garage, but also kind of melt the above fact, which of course should not have been a fact to start with.

.... But now, when taking out the Boxster for the spring. Hearing it starting on the first crank due to being on battery maintanter, hearing the boxer engine makes me filled with pure happiness.

I live on the outskirts of our small capital of Stockholm, with curvy country side roads around the corner. So i take the car out for a spin, careful since the winters gravel is still on the roads.

THE FEELING!!!

The pure and honest feeling of driving this amazing wonder of technical fullfillment. It's like holding the tarmac in your hands. It's like feeling settled in a relationship when you find out that from 3500rpm into a corner you will have control and power out of that same corner in a way that makes you inevitable to smile.

The feeling of taking corners where the daily driver would just scream for mercy.

I stop besides the road, in the sunny spring day. Put down the roof and feel the air that is still not as warm as the scenery would predict. The Boxster is ready to thrust onwards is patiently waiting until I'm ready to go. No stress today.

Ah... sorry for being a bit philosophical but man this was a great day with my Boxster

Crib is offline   Reply With Quote