View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #17
BrokenLinkage

I'm gonna guess your buddy's vehicle didn't have TN plates, thus assuring the officer that he would be unlikely to contest the ticket.
What could be better than charging an uncontested fee to support the local officers retirement fund, charged to someone who doesn't vote in your jurisdiction, conveniently on the 31st of the month, while claiming the moral high ground of promoting safety.
But I'm sure it is the extra few hundred dollars of ticket cost + insurance points that are going to sway his future judgement and behavior, rather than the loss of his vehicle, deductible, travel plans, and nearly his own and his friends life.
No, this is ********************ty policing - that serves only the officer's interest. And this comment comes from someone whose has 2 siblings that are retired LEOs, and in general I respect the hell out of those guys.
And jd, maybe you guys hold to a higher standard in the Emerald City, but aroud these parts quotas merely transitioned from "mandatory" to a "closely fol
lowed performance metric" some yrs ago.
Dwight- glad your ok. Remind your friend to cool it on unfamiliar roads in the rain.
It seems most hydroplaning occurs in the same spots over and over.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote