View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 04:44 AM   #14
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg1965 View Post
jdraupp.... yes taking into mechanic... noticed coolant level quite low too... Just had a 60K service done 1000 miles ago. Car sat idle for 4 months during winter and lost oil... lost coolant... no puddles or stains on the garage floor... white smoke... not over heating... AOS??? Head Gasket??? I cannot view if one is mixing with the other. I had a new water pump/thermostat installed just after the 60K as well. I've had more problems after the 60k service!!!
These engines never blow head gaskets as the multilayer steel gasket is actually stronger than the cylinder or engine case alloys. While there is no coolant in the AOS on Boxsters (unlike the 996 cars), the AOS can fail due to over filling the sump with oil.

If there is no coolant in your oil (or visa versa), I would top up the coolant when doing your oil change, and just keep an eye on the level; you may have just had an air pocket clear from the water pump swap,